Croatia by the Portuguese students

 

A thrilling adventure

Travelling is always an adventure. The closer the day of the trip gets, the more thrill you get. Always in a rush, packing everything, from socks to underwear, clothing, toothbrushes, till it's 3 hours before your flight and you have to leave the house in a hurry. Check-in, see if your bag is good to go, go to the correct gate, board the plane and fasten your seatbelt. Phew! Once you sit on the plane, all that anxiety runs off, blown by the wind on the tail, leading to a new adventure. Adventures are new chapters in anyone's life. The surprise of discovering something new is breathtaking. Seriously, just thinking about it makes me want to go back. My most recent chapter was on Croatia, a wonderful country just next to Italy filled with life and bright colours, greenish landmarks marked by beautiful trees and the blue sky. I loved every ounce of it. You have to see it for yourself. This chapter was present in my life due to a project called Act for Environment, which holds people from different European countries that want to be better for the Earth. After working for a while, we had this meeting to share ideas but to also learn from other cultures, experience different realities and learn from them, and so we did we gathered as international groups and found more about each other, with our differences, also came out similarities.

B. Nobre



A wonderful experience!

 Erasmus is definitely an experience that everyone should have, at least once. It's amazing to be in contact with different cultures and places and it's also a great opportunity to practice your English. Getting to know Croatia was one of the best things I could have done. The country is beautiful, full of beautiful landscapes, the people are extremely friendly and the food is very different from the Portuguese...

 What I liked the most (besides being with different cultures) was the fact that I had such a lively contact with nature, it renews energies!

I will never forget this wonderful experience.

J. Gomes




                                            Best week ever
 

No matter how hard I try, I don't think I'll ever be able to express how incredible this unique opportunity was. I could say the details that I liked the most, or the moments that I will cherish the most, but it's not possible to choose, because they were all unique in their own way!

I know that from now on, whenever possible, I will recommend everyone to go through an experience like this, in which they can get in touch with new cultures and meet incredible people (different from us but at the same time the same) that they would never know otherwise.

At this point I highlight how lucky I was to come across such extraordinary people that I never thought I would meet and bond so quickly, like how is it even possible that you were out there and I didn't know you before? Crazy, right?

Undoubtedly, people are the greatest gift I take from this experience, but I can't forget how amazing it was for me to have the opportunity to travel to another country, as it's not something I usually do despite loving it. An example is the fact that I took a plane for the first time through this incredible project. In addition, I loved the cities we visited, because I feel that they have a unique essence highlighted mainly due to all the nature

Honestly, my expectations were extremely exceeded to an unbelievable extent. If I thought it would be a good experience where I could socialize and even develop my English then I can say it was much more! It was the most enriching, fun and interactive experience ever!

I can only thank the project for the opportunity, that opportunity that I will undoubtedly take in my memory wherever I go and that I will always try to share with those around me, despite the lack of words to describe it as so unforgettable. Here I leave some of my favorite moments:

Raquel B. - Portugal




Reflection about the Erasmus+, Act for Environment trip to Croatia


               In this text, I’ll be talking about what I liked and what I didn’t like about the trip to Croatia that was organized by the Erasmus+ project, more specifically the Act for Environment project.

               Firstly, I wanna say that, even though we had to walk a lot or climb many stairs on some of the parks and monuments, I liked all the ones we visited which were the following: Museum of Broken Relationships, Medvedgrad, Geo Park Papuk, Jankovac Forest Park, Adrenalin park Duboka and Plitvice lakes. But, the one I liked the most was most likely the Plitvice lakes, because it had such an astounding view with its beautiful colours on the waterfalls, lakes, rocks and plants that were complementing it.



               Also, I liked visiting the Croatian school, because it was really appealing and huge just like how I enjoyed meeting new people from other countries such as the Romanian, the Crotian, the Greek and the Spanish students. Everyone was really sweet, kind and friendly and it was awesome spending time with them the whole time.


               To end my likings, I think this mobility was very well organized and, just to be transparent, this project is such a good one because you not only get to meet new people but you also get to know about the country you’re visiting and its cultures, traditions and most important monuments.


               On the other hand, I believe there wasn’t a single thing that I disliked about this project since it made me be a bit more open and confident.

               To conclude, I had an awesome time in this trip since I got the chance to meet new people, see and try different things and get to know a lot more about a completely new country. 

                                                                                                                                        João G. 


I hate to be banal and cliché but this experience is exactly what we are constantly hearing: “Doing Erasmus is one of the best things you can do”. I feel that this week in Croatia made me see life with different perspective, and taught me that we should enjoy every moment and give more value to what we have.

                                               

I can't express very well in words what I feel, however I know that all activities, all friendships, and all moments were marked forever because the truth is that it was the first time I embarked on a trip like this. I confess that a few days before going there were a little anxious and stressful, as I was afraid of not being able to fit in or having too high expectations, but today I can say that there was no need for that. All the people involved in the project proved to be incredibly kind people and available for new friendships, I was particularly impressed by the commitment and organization of the Croatian students and teachers, who in the five days we were in Daruvar thought of every detail and made the days spent at school into something surprising.

I don't think I can choose a favourite day, but without a doubt, the natural parks and lakes we visit have something magical that takes us to a completely different dimension. Being so close to nature I realized that the simplest things are the most beautiful, that is, it is not worth wanting to be something different to please others, we must accept ourselves and spread our essence most purely and genuinely possible. . That's why this experience was fundamental for my personal development and knowledge.

Finally, I couldn't help but mention one of the most challenging parts of the whole project: living a week with people who have completely different habits. When we lived together 24/24, we could love or hate each other, but luckily we created very strong bonds and realized that we have immense interests in common, which led us to taste Croatia differently.

So I hope that at least once in their lives everyone does Erasmus, as it is a very rewarding experience that adds to us in every way, and makes us realize that it is not worth being afraid of making mistakes because we always have something new to learn and that's part of growing up, so this week has definitely made me more sociable and adventurous, and now I don't want to waste another second!

M. André, Portugal







Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

Romania by the Portuguese students

Greece by the Croatian students